How To Heal Your Heart Chakra
Your heart chakra needs attention always, but maybe some extra attention during this season of love is a good idea. For everyone!
Your heart chakra isn’t just about romantic relationships - it’s about family, work connections, friends - basically, every interaction, communication, and relationship that you have can translate to something powerful and impactful for your heart chakra.
Your heart chakra doesn’t only get out of whack if you’re let down or disappointed by an intimate relationship. Your heart can hurt due to something a sibling said, something a friend did, or something annoying that happened at work.
Sometimes when you have a handful of these disappointments happen frequently or all at the same time, it can make you less open to giving and receiving love, thereby closing off your heart chakra. When this happens it creates an imbalance within you and makes you less receptive to love.
Everyone deserves love in their life. Remember that love takes many different forms - the Greeks had 7 different words to describe love - differentiating between passionate romantic love, love for your team or collaborators, love for your family, and more. But, when your heart chakra isn’t feelin’ it - it can be a challenge to give or receive any of the many forms of love.
Here are a few ways to open your heart chakra and get those loving vibes flowing again!
- Forgive! Easier said than done at times, clinging to past disappointments only bums you out. By hanging on to situations that deeply upset you, you give the person(s) who hurt you continued power over your present day. Yuck. Get out of their dark shadow by forgiving and moving on.
- The color associated with your heart chakra is green - specifically emerald green. Maybe wear your cozy green sweatshirt or buy an emerald green succulent for your desk or kitchen!
- Try to nip negativity in the bud. The more you focus on disappointing things, the more things you will think to complain about, and then it's just a sad, sad spiral of critical thoughts. I’m guilty of getting sucked into that downward spiral, too - but when you notice it happening, it never hurts to just pause and get your thoughts focused on more positivity.
- For the people in your life who you couldn’t live without - tell them thank you! Show your appreciation and support to those who support you - even if it's just a quick hello, text, or email to let them know you love ‘em.
- Hugging, smiling, exercising - all shown to increase endorphins and put some extra cheerfulness into your day. Don’t hug people without their permission of course, but smiling is appropriate - chances are a lot of people will smile back!
- Do some yoga - preferably with me! Join me for my Heart Reset Flow, which has lots of heart and chest opening poses for every skill level.
Want to learn to rebalance your chakras using essential oils + yoga?
I created an entire course that helps you reset your entire nervous system with essential oils and yoga practices specific to each chakra or nerve bundle in your body.
It's called the 7 DAY CHAKRA CLEANSE.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET IN THIS COURSE:
- 7 chakra-based, full-length yoga and wellness practices to rebalance, strengthen, and reset your entire nervous system— each less than 30 minutes in length.
- Key Meditations and Mantras for self-love, healing, and busting through mental and physical blocks.
- Inner Self Deep Dive into how energetic imbalance can affect all aspects of your life.
- Learn to use specific Essential Oils to balance over-active or under-active chakras. (This really works!)
- Even when you’ve completed this course, you can revisit it anytime you need an energetic reset – it’s yours for life!
- Bonus 7 Day Chakra Cleanse E-book for quick reference.
DISCLAIMER: Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. Content provided above is not meant to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease, injury, or other medical issues. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Yoga with Tristan, Tristan Gatto, his heirs, beneficiaries, associations and partnerships from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with Tristan’s negligence.
JOIN MOVEMENT MONDAYS !
You'll receive to your inbox a new free stretch or strengthening exercise to focus on each week to stay moving and pain-free for a lifetime!
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.